REFLECTOR: Panel layout opinions

Jack Prock jackprock at wavecable.com
Tue Feb 4 13:35:30 CST 2014

I am surprised the manufacturer of your police car equipment wouldn't build
in locking USB ports. which is one way

to get around the high vibration environment.

The second way that I know of is to use "latching USB" cables. These have
two little buttons on each side of the

connector to lock the USB in the port. You would have to replace the cables
between

whatever equipment that uses USB. Just google "USB latching cable" and you
should find suppliers for many different variations.

I don't know of any small add on to a standard USB connector that will
secure a standard cable.

Maybe there is a business opportunity for someone!!

jack