REFLECTOR: Question about installing clamps

Reiff Lorenz via Reflector reflector at tvbf.org
Mon Dec 15 18:56:27 CST 2014

Phil,

For some of the light-duty clamps I have floxed an AN3-4 bolt into the skin. For medium-duty attachments I used these bondable nuts from McMaster Carr: (part number 90611A300)
http://www.mcmaster.com/#catalog/120/3216/=v1gm94

For anything structural, I made a hardpoint specific to the application.

Hope this helps!

Reiff Lorenz, Dayton, OH
Velocity XL-RG, 65% complete
Currently working on: Pitot-static plumbing