REFLECTOR: pressure switch

Laurence Coen via Reflector reflector at tvbf.org
Mon Dec 1 11:15:47 CST 2014

Geoff,

The original gear system didn't have a reset switch and it was this issue that caused it to be added.  The problem is caused by expansion of the fluid in the system when things heat up during flight.  This, in turn, pressurizes the gear down side of the system and trips the down pressure switch.  The reset switch momentarily bypasses the pressure switch to start the pump.

Larry Coen
N136LC