REFLECTOR: International Air Meet in Durant, Oklahoma May 23-26

Jeff Barnes jcbarnes411 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Apr 6 22:29:14 CDT 2014

Passing to to Reflectorites !  Also see www.sportairrace.org for more fun stuff !

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: David Adams <long83dt at charter.net>
To: canard-aviators at yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, April 6, 2014 11:04 PM
Subject: [c-a] International Air Meet in Durant, Oklahoma May 23-26

I’m sending this to the group for my friend Pat Purcell who is organizing this event.  Leif Johnson and I are entering.  Come out and play!

Calling all Canard Pilots and Builders!   The International Air Meet-Championship Cross Country Air Races and event director, Patricia Purcell personally invites you to the big show.

                 The Air Meet is the once a year gathering for our sport of Cross Country Air Racing.   It all takes place at Durant, OK, May 23-26, 2-14.  There are two racing events and classes for everyone.    On May 24 a 100nm round robin 5 turn race takes place.  This is a Sport Air Racing League Sanctioned Championship Point event.  The League classes will be used.   On May 25 a 600nm round robin event takes place. Two no penalty fuel stops are available.   There are no Sport League points but League classes will be offered and by entering you not only are automatically in your League class but are eligible for Challenge classes and the ultimate Top Speed in major categories.  Challenge class racing is for 3 or more of the same make/model of aircraft.  The LongEZ's and the VariEZ's have their own classes and the opportunity to race each other on a very even playing field.   Now, who has built the fastest
 canards????  It is all up for grabs on May 25th.   The ultimate top speed awards will be presented for Experimentals and Factory planes for single and multi engine, normally aspirated, turbo/super charged and turbine.  Heavy Metal for single and multi engine.
            A complimentary Sport League provisional membership is given to all entrants.
               This is a great chance for all canard pilots to gather as a group to not only compete on the race course but to meet and exchange ideas and enjoy each other's company and introduce and show off your great planes to the other participants.
     For all information and entry:   www.internationalairmeet.com
     Patricia Purcell
     High Velocity Events, LLC
     ppurcellk at aol.com