REFLECTOR: Noise in the Cockpit

Ron N VelocityXLFG velocityxl at fastmail.fm
Wed Sep 25 09:36:47 CDT 2013

My plane is quite noisy . The noise is a  loud hissssssss that
increases  as engine Rpm increases. The sound  seems to be coming
from the mic. I have done some testing and the best Solution I have been
told is to get
the Oregon Aero Mic covers.

I do not have a full interior in my plane yet so the question of the day
is does the cloth
interior help a lot to reduce  cabin noise. I was going to paint the
interior but if the
cloth interior quiets it down may be i will go with the cloth interior.

I do have noise canceling head sets not the best but do work well in other
airplanes I have flown in.

Ron