REFLECTOR: i pad / radio noise

John Dibble aminetech at bluefrog.com
Mon Sep 16 12:58:01 CDT 2013

Thanks, everyone for your comments.  Here is where I'm at.  The ferrite
choke collar doesn't help.  I tried another adapter and that eliminated
the radio noise, but the nav problem remains.  A mooney stopped at our
airport yesterday and he's using an adapter and claims no problems.  I
looked at it and tried to get the same one at Walmart.  Flying in one
direction, parallel to a VOR, it didn't seem to help, but when I turned
180 degrees, the nav seemed to be working correctly.  I'll get the exact
model the next time this guy stops by.

I want to put a filter on my alternator.  A Cessna filter was
recommended.  I understand it's a capacitor with a resistor.  Can I make
one?

Can I put one on my EI as well?  I get a little noise from both the
alternator and EI.

John