REFLECTOR: Poll: Alternate firewall voltage regulator locations

nmflyer1 at aol.com nmflyer1 at aol.com
Fri Sep 13 19:40:20 CDT 2013

Don,

I did something similar. I have a LOT of stuff on the front side of the Firewall. So I made a mounting bridge that allows me to use more space there.
The front side has MSD boxes and coils, the back side has more stuff including the PS for the strobes, etc.

Kurt

The gear bulkhead is certainly a shorter run than to the upper, inside of the firewall (where I've seen a few VR's).

I have ZERO room in the nose, so it's going to either be on the firewall (hot or cold side) or on the gear bulkhead. Malcolm suggested putting some nutplates on a sheet of cured fiberglass and bonding that to the center spar shearweb.

These are the decisions that end up killing tons of time for me. I keep going from one approach to another but never actually doing anything. :-(

-Don