REFLECTOR: Poll: Alternate firewall voltage regulator locations

Don Johnston numa at comcast.net
Fri Sep 13 19:10:26 CDT 2013

The gear bulkhead is certainly a shorter run than to the upper, inside of
the firewall (where I've seen a few VR's).

I have ZERO room in the nose, so it's going to either be on the firewall
(hot or cold side) or on the gear bulkhead. Malcolm suggested putting some
nutplates on a sheet of cured fiberglass and bonding that to the center
spar shearweb.

These are the decisions that end up killing tons of time for me. I keep
going from one approach to another but never actually doing anything. :-(

-Don