REFLECTOR: Hydraulic system pressure

John Dibble aminetech at bluefrog.com
Thu Sep 5 19:39:49 CDT 2013

When I was fitting a new nose cylinder, I opened the dump valve when I
wanted to retract the gear by hand to check clearances.  Sometimes I
would forget to open the dump valve.  In that case I could still push
the linkage to under center, but I could not budge the wheel when I
tried to pull it up, so I don't see how it can retract, even when under
center, if the valve is closed.  The next time I have the canard off,
I'll bleed off the pressure, push the linkage under center and see if I
can push enough to compress the shock spring and see what happens.  I'll
be surprised if it retracts.