REFLECTOR: Paint

Dick Harpster Dick-CentralSecurity at nc.rr.com
Wed Sep 4 16:12:06 CDT 2013

I am getting ready to paint my plane. I would like to get some feedback as
to what type of paint to use. The body shop I am working with says he is
willing to use whatever I would like. I have looked at Stewart Systems at
Air Venture and like what they had to say. My body man thinks I should just
use a regular automotive paint. He has used it many times on Corvettes and
doesn't see a difference. Then the question came up on clear coating. It's
more money, but he thinks it worth it. Is there a difference between
automotive paints and aviation paints? What have you guys used? I would love
some input.

Thanks,

Dick Harpster N585V