REFLECTOR: Almost ready to fly, again.

Douglas Holub douglas.holub at gmail.com
Mon Sep 2 22:31:14 CDT 2013

Here's a shot of the interior.....
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Douglas Holub
  To: reflector at tvbf.org
  Sent: Monday, September 02, 2013 11:30 PM
  Subject: Almost ready to fly, again.

  My plane has been in dry dock for 3 years now while I painted it, moved the batteries from the nose to beneath the back seat, replaced one of the Plasma IIIs with a magneto, and other miscellaneous changes I wanted to make after flying in primer for 135 hours.  The plane is 2.5 hours from where I'm working now, so I haven't been able to spend as much time on it as I would have liked.  But this weekend I finally got the magneto all hooked up and taxied around for about 20 minutes to get the oil hot, and took some pictures.

  So here's a few pictures of my simple paint scheme.  The stripes are painted, not decals. There's a big blue stripe down the middle of the bottom of the fuselage as wide as the one on the nose gear.  I thought it might make the plane easier to spot from the ground.

  I won't paint another airplane because I'm not very good at it.  But I wanted to try it.  There's a lot of orange peel.  But now it's sealed and protected with that cross linked yacht paint.

  Doug Holub
  2009 Standard FG w/ electric nose lift