REFLECTOR: EGT probe

steve korney s_korney at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 31 16:28:02 CDT 2013

Lou...

It's probably  a probe.... Just swap #1 and #2 with each other... See if the temp follows the probe...

Steve

From: stedmanlou at roadrunner.com
To: Reflector at tvbf.org
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 17:06:36 -0400
Subject: REFLECTOR: EGT probe

Lately I have been getting some odd readings for my #1 cylinder EGT. I have
a JP Instrument Classic 4 cylinder gauge. My egt reading on my #1 cylinder has
been lower than the other three cylinders ever since I had my cylinders done. I
noticed that the temps of the other three are running about 1350 while the #1 is
running about 1150. Today I installed a new aux. fuel pump. I started the engine
(io-360) to check my installation. Because I was at idle on the ground, the
temps were running about 940 on #2,#3, and #4. The temp on #1 was 190. My first
guess is a bad bayonet probe but I don’t know how to check it. I could just
order a new one but they are a bit pricy. The engine runs smooth and the cht
reading on that cylinder is right in line. Can anyone tell me how to test
it?

Lou
Stedman