REFLECTOR: Ohms Law and the mixed metaphor

Laurence Coen lwcoen at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 7 12:44:59 CDT 2013

Back in the 1950's when I was studying Physics. the formula for ohms law was written as E=IxR.  E stands for electro motive force (emf). "V" or voltage is the unit of measure for emf.  If you make this change, shouldn't "I" become "A" and "R" become ohms (can't do the Greek letter omega)?  Thus V=IxR is a mixed metaphor.

In MHO this is an example of the dumbing down of our educational system when we think that the concept of emf might cause the students brain to go into overload and explode.

Larry Coen
N136LC