REFLECTOR: TAS calibration?

Geoff Gerhardt geoff.gerhardt at gmail.com
Tue Oct 1 11:35:25 CDT 2013

Thanks for the great article...the guy looks like George Carlin, tho.

So, rather than cruising down the runway at low altitude, can't I just fly
my plane at a constant GPS altitude and make sure my indicated altitude
does not change with air speed?  Or, that my TAS matches my GPS average
ground speed after two runs with headings 180deg apart?

Might head out to the hangar after work and give it a go.

Geoff