REFLECTOR: Do it yourself Music, and violin repair

Terry Miles terrence_miles at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 25 12:36:47 CST 2013

Two friends asked me to join free music school for low-income kids on the west side of Chicago.
I teach violin to fourteen 3rd and 4th graders..two boys and 12 girls.  Presently two kids are trying to learn on instruments that are either too big or two little.  Two more kids are on donated instruments that are barely playable, despite my best efforts to fix them.    This is no entitlement give away, believe me.
I hope it is OK to do this.  I know we all have grand kids with an endless stream of girl scout cookies to sell.   If you are retired and not doing anything, find one of these outfits in your home town. We have a lot of skills they can use.  We are having a fund raiser. You can watch a quick video with me in it, here:   http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/chica ... ra-project Here's a pic of me and some of my kids in our November newsletter: http://us7.campaign-archive1.com/?u=2d8 ... 63c2c45129This is our website here: http://www.chimop.org/For an even bigger picture, Google this: TED prize and Jose Abreu. Thanks for thinking about it. Thanks for helping. I will see that the kids write you a thank you note back, if you give me your address over here. Terry Miles