REFLECTOR: nose gear retract.

Jim & Sharon Beck jsbeck618 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 13:42:58 CST 2013

I was working on an oil cooler clearence on my 173 RG and when retracting
the gear noticed that the door was notclosing completely,  about 1/4 to1/2
inch open on one side,  the gearwas not retracting far enough and holding
the door open,
reaching in from the top it is ver easy to pull the gear up a lille farther
and the door closes.  the gear pulls up another 2  to 3 inches.   This has
never been a problem before on other retract tests and I have been flying
it almost 9 years.
I did not build it and have never had to work on the nose gear retract
before.
Does anyone have any ideas on what could cause this to happen? the gear is
solid and does not seem to have any looseness when I try to shake it. Have
never had any shimmy problems.  only 1 landing last spring I stalled the
canard a bit too high.

Thank you for any Ideas you may have.

Jim
N29RP 173E RG  IO360/electric MT  460 hrs