REFLECTOR: Trig TT-31 ADS-B transponder

John Dibble aminetech at bluefrog.com
Wed Nov 13 06:47:29 CST 2013

I have my new transponder installed and it isn't sensing the serial
input from my RMI encoder.  Before I spend more time on that, I'm
considering just using the gray code input which is available from the
previous transponder.  I was told that serial is better.  Can anyone
comment on that?  Also the serial out from my encoder currently goes to
my gps to enhance satellite reception.   The gps calls for 1200 baud
while the transponder calls for 9600.  Does this mean I can't use serial
for both?  If so, how important is the enhancement of gps reception?

Thanks,

John