REFLECTOR: Franklin Oil temp and flow data

Brian Michalk michalk at awpi.com
Sun Nov 10 21:13:47 CST 2013

Has yours always been this way?  I found this thread from a Maule owner:

-------------
Update! I pulled the bypass plate off and tore it apart. I found that
the plunger on the relief side is scarred and would not freely fall out
on its own without a little persuasion. Also there is a washer located
between the end cap and the spring. Am I thinking right that a washer in
this position would give more pressure?? Should I remove the washer and
check pressures? Now I am in need of some parts mainly a new gasket. I
believe I can clean the plunger up with a piece of Emory cloth. It's not
too bad. Any advice on anything would greatly be appreciated. Not to
many maule gurus let alone franklin guys in my neck of the woods.

I have taken mine apart, years ago to reverse engineer it.  I don't
recall any sticking parts.