REFLECTOR: Economy Cruise

Scott Baker scottb33333 at gmail.com
Thu May 30 19:10:40 CDT 2013

Hi Steve,
Nice to hear from you!
Since you asked ... :-)

300 hp Lycoming
   0-miles    2.0 gallons    Taxi and runup
14-miles    2.0 gallons    Climb Phase (4000' @ 140knots @ 650-700fpm
rate of climb) Approximately 6-minutes (0.1-hour) burning 20gph during climb
30-miles    2.5 gallons    Cruise Phase (180knots burning 15gph)
Approximately 10-minutes (0.17-hours)
18-miles    1.5 gallons    Descent Phase (500fpm descent at 180knots
burning 15gph)  Approximately 6-minutes (0.1-hour)
=======
62 nm
                     1.0 gallons    Pattern Phase - Approximately
6-minutes (0.1-hour) burning 10gph
                     1.0 gallons    Taxi to parking
                     10.0 gallons, plus or minus a gallon, one-way trip
total

Mark's aircraft, being a fixed gear, might not get 180knots in cruise -
but I bet the fuel #'s are not too far off.  And certainly there is room
for savings with a no-delay take off and a straight in approach.

Hi Mark > Take the trip in the Velocity one day and let us know the real
numbers!

Best,
Scott B.