REFLECTOR: Economy Cruise

steve korney s_korney at hotmail.com
Thu May 30 18:33:44 CDT 2013

Hey Scott...

Are you calculating to within a tenth of a gallon or a half gallon....And how did you get that 10.5 gallons...

Steve

Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 16:11:42 -0400
From: scottb33333 at gmail.com
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Economy Cruise

    On such a short mission, I doubt there will be little difference in
    fuel burn between normal cruise operations and economy cruise.  By
    my quick calculations either method will burn close to 10.5 gallons
    (one way).  On a 62nm flight, the difference in economy cruise and
    normal cruise will maybe save 5-minutes ... which is not enough time
    to 'earn' much fuel savings.  Tweaking the power settings might be
    an interesting and fun exercise.  I doubt however that it will save
    a gallon of fuel (one way).

    Best,

    Scott B.

      On 5/30/2013 2:06 PM, Mark Magee