REFLECTOR: Economy Cruise

Mark Magee edjonesbrady at gmail.com
Thu May 30 14:06:44 CDT 2013

All,
My bird is XLFG IO540 300HP MT CS prop (two PMAGS on pre-order) and I'm needing some performance data feedback. I may be daily 'commuting' in the bird a 62 NM one way hop, 4 or 5 days per week. Both airports about 2,000 ft MSL. I'm thinking I can remain fairly efficient if I lean on climb, climb to only 6,000 MSL at 130KT climb then back down to 23 squared power and shoot for 150 KT cruise. I know this bird isn't optimized for the short hop, yet I may need it to perform there. With the P-Mags if I could keep the fuel burn under 10GPH on the round trip I won't have to go to the mat with my wife that I need a(n) (additional) Long EZ for this new mission... :)
What do you guys think?

Mark B. Magee
N34XL
Sent from IPhone 4S

Watch, stand fast in the faith, be brave, be strong. Let all that you do be done with love. 1COR 16:13-14