REFLECTOR: Boost fuel pump switch

Lou Stedman stedmanlou at Roadrunner.com
Tue May 28 10:15:24 CDT 2013

I am curious. What situation requires low or high fuel pump. I am flying a IO360 and there is only one speed.

From: Don Johnston
Sent: Monday, May 27, 2013 9:16 PM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Boost fuel pump switch

Yep... That's a progressive. Down = both side off. Middle = One side on, Up Both sides on.

That's not going to work.

On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 5:41 PM, John Franks <jfranks45 at gmail.com> wrote:

  Here's one variety.
  http://www.jamestowndistributors.com/userportal/show_product.do?pid=61790

  On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 5:18 PM, Don Johnston <numa at comcast.net> wrote:

    This is a minor thing, but then again, it all about the minor things, right?

    I'm starting on the wiring and I'm looking at the fuel boost pump. It's got a high and low setting. Usually controlled with a standard SP3T switch (ON-OFF-ON) with down = low, middle = off and up = high.

    I would like to have my switch so that down = off, middle = low  and up = high. My logic (flawed as it may be) is that I would like to visually and tactically verify that everything is off by having all the switches in the same position (down).

    This would typically be accomplished with a progressive switch. However with a progressive switch the line which is "low" is switched on in the middle AND up position. I haven't been able to find a wiring diagram for the Dukes pump, but I'm guessing when "high" boost is needed, only the high line should be switched on. Not the high AND low.

    Does anyone know if such a switch exists that would accomplish this goal?