REFLECTOR: antennas

David Ullman ullman at robustdecisions.com
Wed May 22 13:17:39 CDT 2013

I coudnt find any place to put the ELT antenna either.  Tried a whole bunch
of different things.  I finally put an aluminum back plane on it that is too
small and put the assembly in the wing root area in the passenger
compartment.  The base is aft and tip fdw.    It is tucked up by the top and
fairly out of the way.  I already had everything else built and couldn't
find another place.   The back plane is only about 6" x 9"

I know it works as I tripped the ELT one day by accident and the Feds called
my wife and told her they thought I was OK as I was in my hangar, but
checking up anyway.

David Ullman
N444DX
President EAA 292