REFLECTOR: rolls

Terry Miles terrence_miles at hotmail.com
Fri May 17 11:08:51 CDT 2013

I don't know that another comment is needed on this thread about aerobatic flight in a Velo.  I was USAF trained back in the 60's, and had great hopes to do this.   The Velo webside back some years ago did have a reference somewhere about "dog fight with the best of them."  It has since been removed, maybe because of me.  I had hoped to do simple pos G stuff like immelmans, cuban 8s and so  forth.  I also saw that several people did do airshows in carnard types.  That was then.
Today I agree fully w/ Rene, and others.  This is not an airplane for aerobatic work just because the wings are stressed to 9+, and it looks like it should.   Also all of the aerobatic trg sources I talked to said no to getting into a V.  If you want to fly upside down, get an aerobatic airplane was their common advice.  Terry