REFLECTOR: Cutting out nose gear doors

Clayton Chase chasec at gmail.com
Wed May 15 20:41:04 CDT 2013

Has anybody on the list cut the nose gear doors out of the fuselage when it
wasn't marked from the factory?
What I'm reading in the instructions is a bit confusing, perhaps because
I'm so new at this.

Do I start my measurement from the index hole in the flange?
Do I measure on the inside of the fuselage or the outside?
Can I take my measurements off of the canard bulkhead index line I made or
should I start at the front and measure back 11 7/8" to 12"?
28 5/8" + 3" does not equal 32"....  Are they assuming a 3/8" thick canard
bulkhead?
Should I simply wait for my RG parts to arrive so I can cut to fit the
pre-molded gear doors?

I'm writing the factory a similar e-mail, but they are closed for the day.