REFLECTOR: Garmin 250XL Autopilot Interface

Dennis King kitfox94 at comcast.net
Wed May 15 07:54:40 CDT 2013

Thanks Jim...knowing it can work is half the battle for me. When you get your documentation it would be helpful for me to know which pin/channel you connected to the autopilot. I used "RS232 data out 2" (pin 19) because it was labeled as NMEA 0183 data in the Garmin installation manual. There's an ARINC 429 channel available which I did not use because I don't have the GPSS option in my Pro Pilot.

I will give Trio a call. I am very happy with how the autopilot is working when connected to my portable GPS. The factory default gains seem to work well on both axis on my plane (173 Elite RG).

Dennis King