REFLECTOR: Velocity at KFCI today

Chris Barber cbarber at texasattorney.net
Tue May 14 22:43:25 CDT 2013

I would tend to agree, its whatever you want.  IMAO, an SUV is ONE door with cut down keel and yokes.  A single door is significant enough to keep it limited to its own, SUV designation. (I guess a center stick plane it could just be one door but I really would not want to be the one to tell a lady to straddle the center stick to get to the passenger seat without a cut down keel). An SE is the smaller of the two single engine, gull wing models with standard size wings  and TWO doors.  The Classic/Standard Velocity is the older one door, clam shell door model.  SE is the Standard Elite....Elite referring to the gull wing doors. The 173 is the smaller fuselage with the larger/XL wings (could have yokes) The yokes were offered as an option in different models as the outboard side sticks are now (I don't know if yokes are still an option).  I kinda like my yokes over the center stick.  I MAY consider outboard side sticks one day.....maybe not. Then the XL, the larger with gull wing doors.......XLT......retract, fixed......geeeesh, now the twin.....and perhaps limo long version........options, options. ;-)