REFLECTOR: RG Up and down shut0ff

Scott Baker scottb33333 at gmail.com
Sat May 11 22:08:15 CDT 2013

Hi Jerry,
Since the pump continues to operate at the end of both the UP and DOWN
cycle, I'm thinking your hydraulic pressure switches are okay.  It's not
probable that both switches failed at the same time.
If you don't see leaking fluid, what you describe speaks to an internal
leak - either a torn seal in one of the rams, or possibly a fault with
the dump valve seal.  There is also the possibility of a faulty check
valve or trash inside the hydraulic pump that is causing it to bypass.
Begin troubleshooting by plugging the outlets from the pump.  If the
pump cycles normally, move on to isolating each of the cylinders - one
at a time.  You will need some caps to plug the hydraulic lines as you
go about isolating the problem.
Good Luck!
Scott B.