REFLECTOR: RG Up and down shut0ff

jerry at jlbent.com jerry at jlbent.com
Sat May 11 21:54:02 CDT 2013

I am working on the retract system on 5164U and I am having some weird
issues.  Everything was working OK but then it started having run on after
the gear is up and locked.  The pump keeps running and the reservoir start
to have frothy in it.  And now the there is the added problem of the gear
goes down upand the pump is still engergized.  This is a 1996 top loader.
The pressure sensors have two adjuster screws and I don't have a clue as
t/o which to adjust for what.  Each sensor has two screws.  I can see
labels UP and DN.  As I recall, down is the retraction and up is the gear
down.  How much adjustment should I expect?  One turn counterclockwise?
Two?.  Any suggestions as to what is going on?

Jerry Brainard
Jerry at JLBEnt.com