REFLECTOR: Reflector Digest, Vol 98, Issue 29

Dave T Nelson dtnelson at us.ibm.com
Fri May 10 07:23:42 CDT 2013

Geoff, I tack welded some cheap steel exhaust pipe to make a template and
then sent the template to an aircraft exhaust shop for the actual build.  I
can dig up the name if you get interested.  Here are some pictures
(although not great).  As you can see, I do have supports on both sides
near the exhaust end (you might be able to improve on what I did).

(See attached file: Exhaust even side.jpg)(See attached file: Exhaust odd
side.jpg)

Dave

Dave T. Nelson
T/L 553-4327, Voice 507-253-4327, Fax 507-253-3648
Program Director, ISC ECAT NPI & Test Engineering

----- Message from Geoff Gerhardt <geoff.gerhardt at gmail.com> on Fri, 10 May
2013 07:07:10 -0400 -----

      To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
          <reflector at tvbf.org>

 Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Performance

Dave,

Where did you get your exhaust made?  Do you have some pics showing it with
the cowl off?  I'd like to see how it was routed back.  Is the terminus end
of the exhaust supported in any way?

Thanks a lot for your comments and picture.

Geoff