REFLECTOR: Velocity move-out

Keith Hallsten keithhallsten at quiknet.com
Wed May 1 10:16:44 CDT 2013

Yesterday I met Travis Holland and Dan Fast at the Lincoln Regional Airport
north of Sacramento to load up the mostly-complete XLFG kit for delivery to
its new owner on the opposite coast.  It's quite a process, using a trailer
and rigging system developed by Scott Swing and Travis.  It ends up with the
fuselage (with engine installed, in this case) pointed forward with a roll
of approximately 45 degrees to the right, the wings tucked along either side
with the winglets overlapping in front, and the canard strapped to the deck
under the left side of the fuselage.  Getting the fuselage to that position
in a controlled manner was an interesting process!

I wanted to say thanks to all of you who provided information and advice on
the project over the past decade or so, and wish each of you the best with
your project or plane.  The Velocity community is a great asset to builders!

The new owner of the project is Dick Harpster of Pinehurst, North Carolina.
I would expect him to be popping up on this list with questions as he begins
the "education and recreation" of completing the plane.  I may lurk for a
while more, but I expect to be dropping off the radar on this list in a few
months.

Regards,

Keith Hallsten