REFLECTOR: Thrustline change

dennis.doc dennis.doc at gmail.com
Sun Mar 31 11:58:08 CDT 2013

I added over one inch of shim to my engine mount. I called Scott Swing to
make sure it would be OK. He told me "no problem." He and a local friend
said there are advantages in take off and landing (more downward thrust)
and that I could change it later if it  proved ineffective. I'm still
flying off the 40 hours, but in the 10+ hours I've flown, no perceivable
problems. I do notice that in cruise, while trimming the elevator 100% down
- the trailing edge remains virtually neutral.

Dennis Martin