REFLECTOR: Thrustline change

Richard J. Gentil richard at naples-air-center.com
Fri Mar 29 17:00:20 CDT 2013

Steve,

The standard aircraft elevator and horizontal stab use a downward force to raise the nose and that is drag. The canard uses an upward force to lift the nose which much less drag.

With the canard elevator raised slightly you are removing some of the lift from the canard by changing the cord line and lowering at the same time the amount of drag.

I am currently (only in primer and no laminar flow whatsoever) flying with my ailerons reflexed up 1/8" and my canard elevator sits just slightly above the centerline of the canard so I keep it reflexed too.

Right now I am rotating around 80kts and airborne between 85-90kts in my IO-390-X MT SERG.

Richard

Sent from my iPhone 5