REFLECTOR: XLFG Intake Air

Rene Dugas renedugas at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 09:11:12 CDT 2013

Think small.  I calculated the air volume at 2300 rpm throughput.  Then calculated the volume of air rammed into a selected area on the front of the scoop at a given air speed then enlarged that frontal area a little.  The scoop needs to immediately enlarge to tear drop shape like wheel fairings.  Inside the large pressurized air box I place a large K&N low resistance filter and a side bypass with a spring.  The diameter of my inlet is only about 3 inches and is set off the boundary layer I hope.  I get about 1 inch increased MP at 8000 msl.  Some of the pictures I sent show my oil air flow lines.
Best.  YMMV.

Sent from Rene's iPad. A pleasure.  Go Apple.