REFLECTOR: GPS IFR Approaches: Radio Required

Grover McNair grover at mcnairperformance.com
Fri Mar 22 09:04:50 CDT 2013

A certified GPS is a must. I have flown quite a bit with each of these
units. Everyone's comments are valid. The KLN90B is a dinosaur. For me, the
480 was cumbersome to learn. Many of the button pushing sequences are not
intuitive. It is great for its versatility and having airways in the data
base. The 430W would be my choice if I were looking for a solid GPS for a
bargain price. Of course the new GTN650 would be a great option that will
not risk being unsupported for the foreseeable future.

I chose this option for my Velocity.

Grover McNair

  _____