REFLECTOR: intake air

Patrick Sieders pjsieders at comcast.net
Fri Mar 22 08:34:05 CDT 2013

Hello All,

Running without a filter is asking for trouble. Too much abrasive 'dust' in
the air to damage your expensive engine.

I am going to install a RAM-air scoop on the bottom myself. I am planning to
use a Harwood airscoop, for several reasons :

1.       The RAM Air effect might help.

2.       Since cooling is an issue on these canards, extra cooling will be
helpful. The scoop will enhance cooling from below.

3.       3. I also have a turbo on my IO-540J4A5, mounted below the engine.
That can use some cooling as well, and since it's low I need to create
space, which means opening up the bottom cowling anyway.

I will be filtering air for my breathing machine, since it is low to the
ground, and just as I said earlier : give it clean air to breathe !

Gr. Patrick

Patrick & Dana Sieders

7244 Sugarloaf Drive

Nashville TN 37211