REFLECTOR: Installation of Windows Preference

Clayton Chase chasec at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 14:25:27 CDT 2013

I recently saw multiple planes down at the factory, some had the factory
recommendation method, which is flat plexiglass and then bevel the fuselage
skin down to it and some had the 'flush' method which has the lip.  The
flush method looks way better but I'm concerned about the strength of the
1/2 thickness plexiglass.  I made a quick comparison picture for everybody
that shows how I think the two methods look.

In my picture, outisde is up.  Black is glass/epoxy, yellow is foam and
blue is plexiglass.
[image: Inline image 1]