REFLECTOR: fixed gear nose wheel

Mark Magee edjonesbrady at gmail.com
Sun Mar 17 10:56:31 CDT 2013

The key on FG gear in-flight nosewheel cant is the torque on the dampener, -after- all else on the shimmy issue have been properly handled. 8lbs pressure on the dampener is all you should need (per Factory): if your too tight and shimmy a little on take off you have a canted rudder. It is critical you run the archive and handle the primary shimmy issue: nose wheel strut bushing, wheel/tire balanced, nose strut alignment. If all those are good, 8 lbs on the dampener is sufficient.

Mark B. Magee
N34XL XLFG
Sent from IPhone 4S