REFLECTOR: fixed gear nose wheel

Dennis King kitfox94 at comcast.net
Sun Mar 17 09:05:30 CDT 2013

Adding a fin to the nose wheel fairing would make the fairing act like a bigger rudder and might cause a worse yaw problem after takeoff with a cocked wheel. You would have to be able to straighten the nose with the rudders before the fin would be able to overcome the friction washer adjustment to straighten the wheel. If the friction adjustment was too tight, you might not have enough rudder authority to straighten things out. Unfortunately, all of this would be going on right after takeoff, so things could get dicey. Be careful!

Dennis King