REFLECTOR: New Shimmy Damper Success?

jerry at jlbent.com jerry at jlbent.com
Fri Mar 15 14:40:11 CDT 2013

I know that there continue to be shimmy problems even with the new dampner.
 The force is enough that it shears the shear pin on the new dampner.  I
also heard that the factory is testing some changes to address the problem
on the new solution.  The dampner manufacturer is also invovled in advising
how best to set the new dampner.

I guess the answer is if you have the friction solution, keep it very
tight.  If you have the new dampner, contact the factory for advise and/or
upgrades.

Jerry Brainard
Jerry at JLBEnt.com