REFLECTOR: Flying to the Bahamas

Scott Baker scottb33333 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 16:08:14 CDT 2013

Brooke,
During my trips I have carried:
* Belt/pouch style personal life vests for each person on board;
equipped with beacon strobe
* Personal waterproof type 406 ELT (i.e. EPERB)
* 4-man Life Raft (borrowed, not certified)
* Waterproof case to carry cell phone and personal identification/passport
Only the CG approved life vest is required.  Everything else optional
for your own sense of "warm and fuzzy".
Flight time in the Velocity over water to the Bahamas ... maybe 45 minutes.
http://www.pilotpub.com/ Flight guide to the Bahamas is an excellent
publication.  Well worth purchasing.
Best,
Scott B.