REFLECTOR: Franklin Cylinder Base Wrench

John Dibble aminetech at bluefrog.com
Tue Mar 12 07:28:33 CDT 2013

You can get the wrenches (pricey) from Susan at Franklin Engine
Company.  Or you can buy a set of stubby wrenches and grind them down a
bit so they fit in the tight spots.  The special wrenches are needed for
setting the torque if you don't have a torque gauge built in your arm
like I do.  The Lycoming/Continental wrenches have a similar shape and
should work as well.  You need two sizes, 5/8 and 9/16.  Buy a set of
pal nuts from A/S in case some of the ones you remove don't tighten
well. I have lots of other tips if you're interested.

John