REFLECTOR: Time lapse video of 1 year of building

Chris Barber cbarber at texasattorney.net
Tue Mar 5 06:46:23 CST 2013

Fun video, even though I did find myself playing the theme to The Benny Hill Show (Yackety Sax) in my head ;-)

Chris.

Sent from my iPhone 5

On Mar 4, 2013, at 20:37, "Reiff Lorenz" <Reiff at Lorenz.com<mailto:Reiff at Lorenz.com>> wrote:

Reflector,

My Velocity Aircraft kit was delivered back from the head-start program a year ago. Here is a time-lapse video of a year of building. It starts with the kit being delivered and ends with the local EAA chapter visiting my workshop for a tour.

I lost some photos when the camera's storage card filled up . . . I'm missing April and May when I was working on the canard, and a weekend in July when Jerry and Linda Brainard helped install the firewall stainless steel sheeting . . . so those segments are missing from the video.

The clock is set wrong for the first 60% of the video. The year is all 2012. The month and day are approximately correct.

http://youtu.be/s3ZuDSVD1Lw

(This is the same video that was posted yesterday to the Facebook group. Please excuse the cross-posting if you've already seen it.)

My biggest concern when considering this 5 – 7 year project was that I'd lose interest or patience after a year or two. I'm happy to say that I still look forward to every free evening that I can sand, cut, fit, mix, glue, screw, undo, redo, grind, install, rivet, measure, scrap, clamp, cleco, drill, or just sit around trying to figure out WTF I'm supposed to do!

One year down. 4 – 6 more to go? (If I'm lucky!)

Reiff Lorenz, Dayton, OH
Velocity XL-RG, 42% complete
Currently working on: Cobling together electronics to test the retract system.

The Velocity Builders' Virtual Hangar is available 24/7 at:
https://liveconferencepro.com/guest/loginguest.php?id=86a48563bb517ade0abf1a7ee1f38e65

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery<http://www.tvbf.org/gallery>
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail<http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail>