REFLECTOR: pole question: air/oil separator

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Mon Mar 4 08:04:17 CST 2013

Tried one it didn't eliminate the oil and raised the crankcase pressure
causing oil seepage on the pan gasket. I'd say it removed maybe 1/2 or
less of the oil.  I was returning the separated wet toxic goo into the
crankcase which I think is a bad idea. Should be captured in a
reservoir.  I removed it.

I plumbed my breather tube into a scavenger fitting on my exhaust. A
great solution. It burns and blows the oil away and pulls the toxic
vapors out of the crankcase.

Scott