REFLECTOR: Canard Cover

Lou Stedman stedmanlou at Roadrunner.com
Thu Jun 27 17:26:10 CDT 2013

I lay down about a 1/4” bead of silicone on the fuselage, then cover it with clear plastic wrap, and then put the cover in place but not tightened. When it dries you can remove the plastic wrap and tighten for a good seal.

From: Dick Harpster
Sent: Thursday, June 27, 2013 3:54 PM
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: REFLECTOR: Canard Cover

I am currently working on finishing the construction on a XLFG. Question, how do you seal the cracks when you put the cover over the canard wing? The rear crack is close to the avionics and radios and I certainly would not want any water coming in this point. I thought about putting a bead of silicon here but this panel  will need to be removed periodically for maintenance. I am curious what other builders have done.

Dick Harpster