REFLECTOR: Velocity Cookout status

Reiff Lorenz Reiff at Lorenz.com
Wed Jun 26 09:52:19 CDT 2013

Here's the status of the cookout:

There has been lots of explicit and implicit support for keeping the cookout on Wednesday night at 10th & Elm in Camp Scholler. (The only other proposal, joining the Aviation Explorer Base Camp dinner, was withdrawn because that event was cancelled this year.)

RSVPs as of 6/26/2013

(We usually end up with 75 confirmed plus 25 surprise guests.)

4              Mark and Nancy Riley plus Sean and Katie

2              Jerry & Linda Brainard

2              Reiff and Melissa Lorenz

2              Don Johnston

1              Dave Nelson

1              René Dugas

2              Tim and Lura Beth Rhodenbaugh

1              Bob Huntingford

1              WJ Wilbeck

1              Albert Khasky

3              Andy and Therese Millin, Chelsea Millin?

1              Dan Schindler
5-6          Velocity Factory
(Please provide names, if you know who will be there.)

               2              John Abraham

               2              Duane Swing

               2              Scott Swing

If you've RSVPd and are not on the list above, I'm sorry we missed you. Please send a reminder.

Velocity Cookout Volunteers

Jerry & Linda Brainard

Will have car; can do food pickup. Can help with setup, cooking, etc.

Albert Khasky

Camping at 10th & Elm, Will bring tables, chairs, plastic tubs (for ice & drinks) and ice cream.

Reiff & Melissa Lorenz

Camping at 10th & Elm, will have a car, can make food run, setup. Will print name tags. Help with setup, cooking, etc.

Mark & Nancy Riley

Can help with setup, cooking, etc. Compiling attendance list.

Dave Spano (unconfirmed)

Usually camps at 10th & Elm. May be able to provide grill for hot dogs.

Can help with setup

René Dugas

Bob Huntingford

WJ Wilbeck

We'll move the planning and coordinating discussion to a VOBA forum that has been established for that purpose. The volunteers above have already been registered with the forum. Anyone else that wants to join in the fun is welcome to participate.

Thanks, everyone, for your input and support.

Reiff Lorenz

PS Melissa and I will be camping at 10th & Elm Sunday - Thursday. We'd love to have you join us for drinks in the evenings. Call us the week of Oshkosh and we'll coordinate. 937-545-0200