REFLECTOR: Annual Velocity Cookout

Reiff Lorenz Reiff at Lorenz.com
Tue Jun 25 14:02:19 CDT 2013

Mark,

No problem and thanks for helping with this. I agree that the cookout is a "must have" tradition . . . but I've never been to one! I'm in 100% and willing to do whatever, including organize it. I just didn't want to step on the toes of the more experienced attendees if someone else was already doing something.

. . .

Everyone:

I'm getting lots of messages of support on 2 different forums, so I'll try to consolidate. Here's what we have so far:

Volunteers

Reiff & Melissa Lorenz (Camping at 10th & Elm, will have a car, can make food run, setup)

Mark & Nancy Riley (Can help with setup, cooking, etc. Compiling attendance list.)

Albert Khasky (Will bring tables, chairs, and some food items. Not on any forums.)

Rene Dugas (Can help with setup, cooking, etc.)

Jerry & Linda Brainard (Will have car; can do food pickup. Can help with setup, cooking, etc.)

Velocity Factory (Will help reduce costs. Thanks Duane!)

Location Votes

1      Suggestion that we all attend the Canard Aviators dinner on Wednesday night instead of a Velocity-only event. (Eliminates cooking/cleaning hassle and supports a good cause.)

15    (approx..) In favor of Wednesday at 10th & Elm. (I'm counting the existing RSVPs as a vote for status quo.)

384  Abstentions.

Mark is right that there isn't much time before Oshkosh, so unless we have an outpouring of support for another time/place, we'll stick with Wednesday at 10th & Elm.

I will set up a forum for the volunteers to plan and coordinate. I'll also keep Albert Khasky in the loop by telephone.

Thanks, everyone, for pitching in and helping to make this happen!

Reiff Lorenz, Dayton, OH
Velocity XL-RG, 45% complete
Currently working on: Oshkosh!

Velocity Owners and Builders Association
http://www.velocityowners.com<http://www.velocityowners.com/>