REFLECTOR: High Oil Temps

Brent Bourgeois bjb3013 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 24 09:52:17 CDT 2013

I did lots of measuring in flight and found inlet area is not nearly as important as exit area. Most have way to much inlet and the largest portion of the air never makes it through the cooler. I was never successful cramming more air in the cooler and achieved  real good results sucking it out. ( that's for cylinder cooling also) A ramp or lip in front of the exit can be used to actually make the air behind the cooler much lower pressure than in front. My coolers are good for about 15 degrees each. The best thing I did was to move the oil lines each to their own duct and add a 1 inch hole inlet and a 1.5 x3 reverse ramp on the duct exit 6 inches before the firewall. There is more cooling available in those 2 long aluminum lines than most coolers.

Cool the oil and the CHT problem will take care of it self.
Call if I can help
985-785 eight two nine 9

Brent
N61VB