REFLECTOR: High Oil Temps

Brian Michalk michalk at awpi.com
Sun Jun 23 21:35:47 CDT 2013

They are the stock coolers, about 4.5" x 6" face area.  The inlet duct
is not a real NACA scoop.  I extended the face of the cooler to the skin
of the plane.  Once I have enough hours, I will experiment with closing
down the aft lip of the inlet, making a diverging duct.

I've already closed down my armpit scoops a little based upon oil flows
on the fuselage.  I have variable armpit scoops, but at the moment they
are only ground adjustable.