REFLECTOR: Fwd: Special Report: AOPA demands answers on aircraft searches

Mark Magee edjonesbrady at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 06:53:53 CDT 2013

All,
A friend of mine is a Customs pilot in San Angelo, I'll reach out to him on his perspective on what's going on and report back. He's also a pilot in the Naval Reserve and I believe on a short deployment currently so he may be out of pocket. He and his boss from Customs give a discussion at a Rotary Club meeting for me recently: these boys always roll out heavy (armed), the pilots themselves doing the 'ramp checks'. Down here they are mostly running intercepts from biz aircraft not talking/squawking per procedures coming up from MEX, S America or the Carribean. I believe 100% of the US Customs personnel at the San Angelo aviation operation are former military: I take the boys out to lunch now and again...

Mark B. Magee
N34XL
Sent from IPhone 4S

16:13-14